How To Know If Someone Is Spying On Your WhatsApp Or Calls – There are several reasons why someone might want to spy on your WhatsApp or a call log. It could simply be out of pure jealousy, so what this article will do is teach you to want to do to confirm or rule otherwise.
Table of Contents
Another reason could be a parent trying to track the conversion of a ward to help understand the kind of person they are raising.WhatsApp, is an American freeware, cross-platform messaging and Voice over IP service owned by Facebook, Inc. It allows users to send text messages and voice messages, make voice and video calls, and share images, documents, user locations, and other media.
Though WhatsApp chat is end-end encryption that doesn’t guarantee that your chats can’t be spied on. It is important for you to understand that your WhatsApp chats can be spied on. However, developers of the app have implemented a high level of security to the extent that, for a hacker to break into your account, they will have to spend a huge amount of resources and time.
Meaning people with physical access to your device can easily hack it.
Signs Of A Hacked WhatsApp Account/Calls
- Temperature hikes. If there is a sudden hike in temperature and your smartphone gets warm frequently, you need to beware. Most of the time, strong apps running in the background cause these hikes. Mostly, these are caused by Spyware.
- Sudden Battery Drain. Spy apps significantly use your battery power causing drastic battery drain. Once you notice you have to constantly charge your battery even when you rarely use the device, you have to be on alert. It’s possible there is hidden spyware or an app on your device. This spyware uses your device location and data to track your current location and device info which uses your battery at the highest level causing sudden battery drain.
- Increased Data Usage. Since Spywares uses your device data to relay information to the hacker, your data will reduce quicker than it supposes to last. Some Spyware even auto-downloads third-party apps to extend its services. If you realize increased data usage, be on the alert.
- Background Noise. One of the ways to note if your account has been hacked is by hearing background noise in calls. These spy apps not only hack your device but also hack your call. Your calls will be recorded by these spy apps whenever you make or receive a call. If you notice unusual background noise in your calls, be on alert.
Ways in which Your WhatsApp/Calls Can Be Hacked
- WhatsApp Web. WhatsApp web is an extended feature of WhatsApp which allows a user to access his/her account on the computer. With WhatsApp web, you would have to scan a QR code from the mobile device, then you can easily access your WhatsApp account on your computer in real-time. Your WhatsApp account in another way can be accessed on different mobile devices with an app called WhatScan using the same scanning method.
- Your WhatsApp Backup File. The backup file can be accessed using your File Manager. Once the hacker has access to your phone, they would first find your Backup file and transfer it via Bluetooth or Xender then convert it to plain text and read all your chats.
- Spy Apps. There are some third-party apps available that are used to spy on your WhatsApp conversations. Once the hacker gets access to your device, they would install the spy app and hide it. This spy app will then spy on your chats and automatically send the chats to the hacker in the background.
When you start to realize these instant changes to your device, then you have to be on the alert your device is compromised.
Tips to help you properly Secure your device;
- Always lock your device
- Always log out from the WhatsApp web.
- Lock your WhatsApp
- Don’t connect to any unknown Wifi Network
- Don’t install apps from unknown sources.
- St-up two-step verification on WhatsApp
- Don’t let anyone get access to your phone
- How To Create A Paypal Account In Ghana For Free 2022-2023
- How To Apply For Tax Identification Number (TIN) In Ghana
- Best Laptops under 3000GHC in Ghana 2022-2023